Monday, February 1, 2016

My Beauty Girl......






The tears flow, they will not stop.  The pain it curses through my soul, ebb and flow, just like the last breaths she took.  She went peacefully with my lips to her forehead, I know she was ready, she was worn and tired, and I know she missed her Dad.  We all miss her Dad, but now she can forever be with him, by his side.  Death is cruelest to those who live, those who are left behind.  We are the ones who suffer now.

Her life was a gift to us, and we were a gift to her.  She was sent to us to protect her, keep her from harms way, from vicious hands that would have surely killed her.  A selfless gesture by a little boy who was wiser than most.  She lived and thrived a wonder 14 1/2 yrs., giving so much love, yet demanding her way.  She would have never made it in anyone else's world, they would not have understood her Chowish ways.

As a young adult her favorite game was "jugs".  She played soccer with empty coke jugs. She would bat them around the yard with her feet and chase them, should they get stuck somewhere, she would grab the lid with her mouth and pull it free.

We would sit on the steps of the old house and eat Doritos.  She would chew and swallow them just like a human.  She was so very obedient, she would listen to my words and make me proud.  

She loved to lay on her picnic table, to nap in the sun.  As years passed and her mobility lessened we lowered the table to ease her struggle.  She loved to be outside, and loved it more when we were out there with her.

I've watched her slowly start slipping away, her mind, her body, confusion and sluggishness replacing her vitality.  I've prayed to God and to Tommy to let me know when it was time, time to let her go, time to let her rest.....today it was time.

God take my little four legged girl and place her in Tommy's arms for safe keeping until we are reunited.







2 comments:

  1. love you and she was a beautiful dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So well written, I cry as I know you are crying. Love to you my lady.

    ReplyDelete