Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Our walk in the Park...

Everywhere I look, memories.  Everywhere I turn, there is another one staring me in the face. Memories are suppose to bring you happiness, warm your soul, mine only bring me sadness and tears.

You left me too soon, I was not ready, I will never be ready....but you left me too soon.  So much left to do, so many things left to say, so many memories still to be made.

The wound starts to heal, a little at a time, then something happens and the scab is suddenly and violently ripped away, and the wound grows bigger, deeper, and the hole in my heart grows larger and larger.



We walked through the park that beautiful spring day, it was rare for us to leave the comfort we cherished so much.  You were a good sport, you took me by surprise when you said yes, you would go with me.  It was a nice walk, exploring the rock foot bridges, examining the foliage as it so amply grew, fed by the slow flowing water from the river.  We went up the trails and down them and back around.  You waited while I took my photos, so patient, I knew you were enjoying yourself too.













I wish I'd kept the lovely flower that girl gave me, she said it was for Mother's Day.   I was taken aback, and so very humbled.  A perfect stranger thinking of me, it touched my heart.  I wish I'd kept that lovely flower.  It was the last outing we ever took together.  Us settled in our comfortable ways, our home our sanctuary, not needing the world to make us happy.  I wish I'd kept that damn flower. 





Now all I have are the memories, and they no longer make me smile, they only bring tears to my eyes and sadness to my heart.  I miss you so......


No comments:

Post a Comment